Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Action Replay!

The other day, I was in a train taking me back home...as usual I just put on my headphones, turned on the music player and settled comfortably in my (window :-)) seat. The player coughed up one of my all time favs - "Yuhin chala chal raahi" from Swades...ahhh...heavenly :-)

A fortnight of slogging, coding, writing and nightouts might have made me a bit wonky...but never mind...this is what came to my mind then...and I want to pen it down, so here I go...

The song said "Jeevan gaadi hai samay pahiya..." and I thought "Wow! That's so true...Life is a train...time is(are) the wheel(s)" (forgive the grammar ;-))
What this means is that every event, rather every day, every moment in our life is lke a station...a station which, once we pass through, we can never cross it again... Life's train knows only one direction - the forward one.

So what if we do want to re-visit a station, I asked myself? (Well, I already said I was a bit wonky, so this might not make much sense!) Isn't there any way out? "Well, yes there is...we call them 'memories'". "But if life is indeed always moving forward, how can we have memories? How can we re-visit previous stations?" "Hah!" my (wonky) self answered, "That is because life is a train with a CCTV camera! " ;-)
How smart...and convenient! Revisiting a station means just playing that station's tape in our mind...all the while being aware that life's train is still moving forward...even as we are busy reminiscing over this video...these images from the past...

Well, since I am already in the mood to philosophize, I want to share just one more thought that popped up in my mind...something that might help glide over those Monday blues...If memories are indeed tapes which we play in our minds (voluntarily!), and if memories are capable of making us sad, angry or even depressed (which they indeed are capable of), why not use this fact wisely?

Whenever we relive a sad memory, and feel blue then it's almost as if we are watching a tragic movie and complaining that we are feeling sad, or cribbing that we are scared while watching a horror flick, isn't it?! And the solution is really simple...just switch off the flick and put in another tape with a comic movie...switch off the tape with the bad memory and put on a tape with happier memories! Well, happy memories need not always be (rather they seldom are) big events/days/achievements in life...often they are the simplest videos starring our friends and family :-) (and the star of course - us!)

So, the next time you feel down in the dumps...don't forget..just change the tape!

Signing off!

PS: Of late, I have taken to stealing titles, which is kinda sad...hope I get back to having original titles for my posts!
And before I forget to cite...this title is chorofied from the upcoming Ash movie "Action Replayy"

No comments:

Post a Comment