Sunday, June 7, 2015

Flights of fancy

Sometimes my mind takes me on flights of fancy -
Higher and higher above everyday chaos...
Until all known things look distant
& troubles so tiny -
they disappear in an instant...

Sometimes my mind takes me on flights of fancy -
Faster and faster as the winds blow...
Until I see the land of my dreams -
A land of new beginnings and un-charted realms...

Sometimes my mind takes me on flights of fancy -
Deeper and deeper into the hazy clouds...
Until the lands merge into skies
& all that I had ever dreamt of - stands realized...

Flights of fancy :
They make you daydream like there's no tomorrow;
Compel you to create a world -
of your favourite-most people and things...
In excruciating detail - every single person, every emotion
every thing - amplified, almost real.
A world, almost like a bubble.
Your very own 'unburstable' version of reality -
that lives solely in your head...

Well, like all flights, this one must end too;
& when my mind comes back from its flight of fancy -
I find myself just a tad bit disappointed by reality...
Dull, humdrum and everyday.

But I always agree to travel, every single time;
When my mind takes me on flights of fancy -
For they give the vision of distant lands seen...
& the belief that I can perhaps still create
that, which 'could have been'...

~written on 7th June 2015 #Original

1 comment:

  1. Love what you write. Can relate to all of it very well:)

    ReplyDelete