Thursday, January 8, 2009

Slices of Life....

"Aamir plays a man who loses his memory every 15 mins..."

"Hamas is very cruel! Poor Palestinian common man is the the one who suffers..."

"...I used to run 3 rounds per day...but post my knee injury, I just walk ..."

"How was Ramalinga Raju able to fool so many people for such a long time remains a mystery!"

"...actress Asin is quite good considering its her Hindi debut...."

"....Israel is fighting back too...don't know when this will end...."

"Yes, the doctor has advised massage and walking exercises"

"...but its the shareholders who have to bear the brunt now..."

Scene: A ground where people usually come for an evening stroll...some for exercising, some for gossiping ,others to catch up on friends and yet others to merely pass the time when the "electric power cut" strikes...)

As I walk past the ground , I hear a multitude of people and their multitude ways... varied people and their equally varied conversations, its like a whirlpool of thoughts and like getting a slice of their life as you pass along them...a tiny thought here, or a distant word there is enough to give an insight into their lives...(by no intention of purposeful eavesdropping of course! It's mere overhearing, which one can't help!!!) ...round and round , over and over again...and the pace increases as I increase my walking speed..until all the conversations tend to blur into a single sound..that of Humanity...of Life...

Different people, different problems, and every round takes me through a kaleidoscope of people , giving slices of many lives - intertwined , yet each one having its very own , unique tale ...making me remember..."रंगूनी रंगात सार्या रंग माज्हा वेगला , गुन्तुन्नी गुंत्यात सार्या पाय मज्हा मोकला ..." (Coloured in varied hues, yet I retain my own unique colour, Trapped in bondage...yet I am free)...true for every soul! An ode to individuality....

3 comments: