Thursday, April 10, 2014

100 Random Questions : Day#11/30

I was browsing through the Internet, and I found these 100 random questions...
Decided to answer them for today's post...
It's quite long, and I was quite exhausted by the time I finished :P
So read at your own risk...;)

Rambling onn...

Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
"A yound Chandra learnt the merit of sharing one's resources at a very young age from his mother, who ran a very frugal household and gave her limited resources to the needy ones in their community"
(From the book "Legacy" by Sudha Menon. Had got it as a birthday gift for my aunt. Still sitting @my desk, waiting to be given to her...)
 
Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
At office right now, so... my old computer monitor@office that they haven't bothered to take away :P

Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
facebooking

What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Been more than 3 weeks since I last watched TV, since I haven't gone home in some weeks...

Without looking, guess what time it is
8.05 PM(had just checked some time back :P)

Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
8.08 PM

With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The AC in office, the person next to me typing or someone about in the office cafeteria getting coffee, and the CPUs whirring away in the server room

When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Walking in the office parking lot and catching up on gossip with G, to while away post lunch drowsiness

Did you dream last night?
I don't exactly remember if I did :P

Do you remember your dreams?
Sometimes I do...sometimes I just remember I dreamt something, but don't remember the actual dream until days later when the dejavu feeling strikes :)

When did you last laugh?
Today evening

Do you remember why / at what?
During yoga class when we asked our instructor to let us hold Makarasana (head down) ;) for 100 counts :P

What is on the walls of the room you are in?
At office - so some paintings+posters of Sybase/SAP products  advertising their latest tagline - RUN ;-) (RUN like never before...RUN anywhere anytime) :D

Seen anything weird lately?
Nope
 
What do you think of this quiz?
It's fun :)
 
What is the last film you saw?
300 (part 2)

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
May be Paris, or some obscure small town somewhere, or may be some of the time in NY, some in Mumbai and the other half globe trotting ;) Provided it's really easy to connect/meet my family (may be if there's floo powder or apparition allowed :) )

If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
hmmm...have to think...probably a nice cottage somewhere with a big garden and a swing in it :)
 
Tell me something about you that most people don't know.
I love gifting people close to me...especially unique self made gifts. I can spend endless amounts of time thinking about my friends/family's hobbies/interests and what could be gifted to whom :)

If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Make people more compassionate and considerate of others.

Do you like to dance?
Not really. Not at all in public :P

Would you ever consider living abroad?
May be for sometime somewhere down the line...not sure...

Does your name make any interesting anagrams?
avrup
vapur

Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
My Mom
 
What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
A group photo from an Esselworld trip with friends in 3rd year of Engg, which ST had shared...

Last time you swam in a pool?
Three days back :D
 
Type of music you like most?'
Anything with good lyrics
 
Type of music you dislike most?
Music with weird or meaningless lyrics

Are you listening to music right now?
No
 
What color is your bedroom carpet?
I don't have a carpet in my bedroom
 
If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
Create/re arrange storage areas more efficiently

What was the last thing you bought?
A baddy racquet
 
Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
Ridden pillion, yes. Driven, no.

Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
Sky diving

Do you have a garden?
Not unless potted plants in the balcony count :P
 
Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
Yes

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
I am too lazy and sleepy to think or remember what I thought about ;)

If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
Emma Watson
 
Who sent the last text message you received?
Canara bank internet banking service :P

Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Shopper's Stop!! or Mother Earth ;)
 
What time is bed time?
Anytime in between : 11 PM -1 AM

Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
Nopez

How many tattoos do you have?
Zero.
 
If you don't have any, have you ever thought of getting one?
Yeah, may be a tiny butterfly on the nape of my neck, or by the side of my wrist. I doubt I'll ever act on this whim though ;-)
 
What did you do for your last birthday?
Celebrated @my room with friends, mid night cake cutting, TP, the works...
 
Do you carry a donor card?
Have a blood donor's card, but don't carry it around though.
 
Who was the last person you ate dinner with?
My roomie, PR
 
Is the glass half empty or half full?
Half full with water, half empty with air ;)
 
What's the farthest-away place you've been?
Kashmir, so far.

When's the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
Never :-(

Have you ever won a trophy?
Yo! Many ;)

Are you a good cook?
Yupp, I would like to think so :D

Do you know how to pump your own gas?
If you're talking of cycles, then yes I do. Cars, no.
Else, I don't know what you're talking about! :P

If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
From history, Themistokles (may be coz I just saw the move 300 , and fell in love with the name, the actor and the character....in no specific order :P) or closer home, may be Gautam Buddha. If imaginary, definitely Harry Potter :)
 
Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school?
Of course. 12 years of my life :)

Do you touch-type?
Not really.
 
What's under your bed?
Yesterday's newspapers and a folded mat.
 
Do you believe in love at first sight?
Not really.
 
Think fast, what do you like right now?
Coconut water :P
 
Where were you on Valentine's day?
@office, duh

What time do you get up?
Between 7 to 8 AM most days.
 
What was the name of your first pet?
Haven't had a pet ever.

Who is the second to last person to call you?
One of my office friends, H.

Is there anything going on this weekend?
Katraj to Sinhagad night trek :)

How are you feeling right now?
Not too good, to be honest.

What do you think about the most?
Life!

If you had a Big Win in the Lottery, how long would you wait to tell people?
No time at all! I'll call up my near and dear ones immediately!!

Who would you tell first?
My Mom.
 
Do you sing in the shower?
Sometimes :P
 
What do you do most when you are bored?
Sleep.

What do you do for a living?
I so wish I could just say, "I write" :)
Well, I do write for a living...I write code :P

Do you love your job?
Yesh! Very much.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
A doctor, or an author, an architect, a painter. I wanted to be so many things :)
 
If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?
An author, or own a gift shop of my own, with lots of pretty and interesting gifts...:)
 
Which came first the chicken or the egg?
Out of wits to answer this ;)
I'll pass the question.

How many keys on your key ring?
Two.
 
Where would you retire to?
Never gave it a thought.
 
What kind of car do you drive?
I don't drive these days.
 
What are your best physical features?
My smile.
 
What are your best characteristics?
Straightforward, considerate, honest, compassionate and a good listener

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?
Japan or Europe or north east India, or Brazil, or Australia maybe...lots of places...how can you name a single one!

What kind of books do you like to read?
Fiction mostly. Of late I have started reading books themed around Indian/World history/fiction based mythology.

What is your favorite time of the day?
Early evening...5-7 PM ish

Where did you grow up?
Dombivli

How far away from your birthplace do you live now?
About 300 kms.

What are you reading now?
Malgudi days and the Book 2 of the Game of Thrones series.

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Night owl.

Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
No! :P

Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
Yupp

Do you have pets?
Nope

How many rings before you answer the phone?
Usually immediately, unless I am really very busy.

What is your best childhood memory?
Friday night carrom under emergency lamp (coz Friday was usually a load shedding day back then) and Sunday lunches with family.

What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life?
Not many different kinds I believe...just a Research Assistant at ASC, IITB and then a s/w developer.

Any new and exciting things that you would like to share?
Bas karoo!! Am tired of answering questions :-|

What is most important in life?
Being at peace with yourself and circumstances.

What Inspires You?
My family, lots of (small) things : full moon and a starry sky, rainbows, butterflies, white flowers on green grass...

Whew!! Done at last!! :P
Made me tired...

1 comment: